Local

Article Image Alt Text

The building at 131 W. Emerson St. was built by Charlie P. Peterson in 1949, with Aug. 15 being the United States Post Office’s first day in the new building. The building was coated with a gray stucco finish, giving the outside an almost white appearance. Entrance to the public lobby was located at the southeast corner of the building. Sitting to the west of the post office was the Scouts of America building, formerly the Grandview schoolhouse before being moved in to Holyoke in October 1948 to be used as a meeting place for local Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. The USPS was moved to its current location on Interocean Avenue on March 16, 1960, and the Scout building was torn down in May 1981 to make way for the new First National Bank (currently Bank of the West) building. — source: Phillips County Museum

Peekin’ into the past

Five Years Ago
July 9, 2015

Pages

Holyoke Enterprise

970-854-2811 (Phone)
970-854-2232 (Fax)

130 N Interocean Ave
PO Box 297
Holyoke CO 80734