Local

Holyoke’s Methodist Church has undergone several changes since this photo was taken in 1951. The building was dedicated free of debt on March 25, 1922. A new parsonage was dedicated in May 1954, and a new sanctuary was added on to the west and was consecrated on March 12, 1961. The old sanctuary was remodeled and now includes the pastor’s office, secretary’s office, Sunday school rooms and storage space. The stairs and doorway pictured on the north side of the old sanctuary have since been removed. Formerly known as the Methodist Church, the church became known as the United Methodist Church in 1968 when it joined with the Evangelical United Brethren Church. — Source: Phillips County Museum

Peekin’ into the past

Five Years Ago
June 26, 2014

Alvin Schumann holds a certificate awarded him by Veterans of Foreign Wars on June 1 for his “faithful support of America’s deserving veterans and their families.” — The Holyoke Enterprise | Johnson Publications

Schumann recognized

    Alvin Schumann of Haxtun has been recognized by Veterans of Foreign Wars with a certificate of appreciation for his efforts to support local veterans.

Pages

Holyoke Enterprise

970-854-2811 (Phone)
970-854-2232 (Fax)

130 N Interocean Ave
PO Box 297
Holyoke CO 80734