Local

A well-traveled road can be seen heading into Holyoke from the southeast in Holyoke, as was common in Holyoke’s early years. In the June 5, 1908, edition, The State Herald reported that “the diagonal road leading southwest from Holyoke has been fenced up and now people from the southwest are forced to turn square corners and come into town from the south or west. In fact, the whole country surrounding Holyoke is being fenced so that there is no longer a possibility of leaving Holyoke by driving across the prairie in most any direction.” — Source: Phillips County Museum

Peekin' into the Past

Five Years Ago
Dec. 26, 2013

Pages

Holyoke Enterprise

970-854-2811 (Phone)
970-854-2232 (Fax)

130 N Interocean Ave
PO Box 297
Holyoke CO 80734