Weather Forecast

Find more about Weather in Holyoke, CO
Click for weather forecast
Child care needed in NE CO PDF Print E-mail
Written by Holyoke Enterprise   

More licensed family child care providers are needed in northeast Colorado. Licensed child care providers allow parents to work outside the home while their children are being cared for in a safe place.

Child care providers are also able to make a good income for their family while staying home with their children or grandchildren.

Colorado licensing of family child care providers helps make sure that rules for health and safety of children are being followed. While the licensing process can sometimes be confusing, the Northeast Colorado Child Care Resource and Referral can help people who want to become a licensed child care provider. They have state licensing packets and training information and can answer any of the questions one might have about getting licensed.

To find out more about becoming a licensed family child care provider, contact Sheila or Claudia at the Northeast Colorado Child Care Resource and Referral at 970-848-3867 or 1-877-338-2273. People can also visit

Northeast Colorado Child Care Resource and Referral provides services to in Cheyenne, Kiowa, Kit Carson, Lincoln, Logan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington and Yuma counties.

They are a Qualistar Colorado Partner and receive funds through CDHS. They are also a program of the Rural Communities Resource Center. Local funding is received from the Lincoln County Department of Human Services and the Yuma County Department of Human Services. People can find out more about child care in Colorado by visiting the Qualistar Colorado website at


Holyoke Enterprise November 24, 2011