Don Peterson - November 27, 2013
Don “Pete” Peterson was born June 22, 1945, in Vancouver, Wash., to Merril and Frieda Peterson. He died Nov. 27, 2013, at his home.
He attended grade school in Bridgeport, Neb., and Sterling and was confirmed at First English Lutheran Church in 1959. Later that spring his family moved to Holyoke, where he graduated from high school in 1963. He played football and basketball and was very well-liked in school and always had a smile, showing off his dimples.
He attended junior college in Lamar, then enlisted in the Navy and was honorably discharged in 1970. After returning home, he was employed by the local police department, which has led to several stories, memories and laughs. He also worked at Highline Electric Association and for Willard Clayton.
Don loved hunting, fishing with his brother Bud, throwing darts and spending time with family. He was very business-oriented and built a large ATM business known as “Cash in a Flash.”
Don was thought of as a second father to many. His children’s friends were always leaning on Don for advice, love and just good times.
Uncle Don was also known as the “quarter man.” He would stop at his niece’s home and always have quarters in his pocket in return for a peck on the cheek, a hug or just a smile. Don did this quite often with small children he knew.
After his brother Bud died, Don was pretty lost, as he and Bud would talk several times a day on the computer and also by phone.
He would always have a betting thing going on for the Broncos with his sister and her husband. Ardie could always expect an email or a call before the game.
Don was preceded in death by his parents, Merril and Frieda; and older brothers, Gary and Leland.
He is survived by his son, Brian and friend Anastasia; daughter, Melissa; granddaughter, Seleena; sister, Ardie and husband Fred; and nieces, nephews and many, many friends. He will be greatly and sadly missed.
Funeral services were held Dec. 6 at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Fort Collins. Burial followed at Grandview Cemetery.